Leadership insights from the bottom of the earth
There can be no argument that leading Antarctic expeditions is extreme. Once you commit there is no turning back. Yet the challenges for the leader are the same in every workplace. Leaders need to acknowledge and navigate through the perpetual scrutiny, the frequent isolation, and the need to keep going when you feel you have nothing more to give.
Rachael always meets with clients before the event to gain a solid understanding of the leadership challenges they are facing. She will work with you to select the most valuable ideas and concepts for your event so that it really hits the mark and has a strong impact.
Rachael has a wide range of leadership insights that are fully supported by contemporary research and writing. She brings these to life through real stories from Antarctica. The stories are highly engaging and memorable, so much so, that for some of the stories will quickly become part of your organisation's culture and vernacular.
Rachael's most popular Extreme Leadership topics include:
- Resilience - How to look after yourself and develop your resilience
- Rookie mistakes - make the right decision, the right way
- Bacon Wars - why it's critical to major in the minor things
- The Edge Effect - the multiplying power of strong personal connections
- Edge Moments - how to create great moments that yield loyalty and commitment
- Remote leadership – build teamwork, influence and trust in dispersed organisations
- Plane Crash – tools to support leaders through emergency, turmoil and adversity
- Sunday breakfast - understand the scrutiny of leadership, manage the spotlight
- The Big Bucks - deal with the urgent AND important without jumping to conclusions
- Tow the Iceberg - how to turn antagonists into powerful agents of change
What some of Rachael's clients say
"Rachael was simply wonderful - the evaluations gave her an enormous rating - 4.8 out of 5!!! - "Could have listened to her all day" - "Brilliant - made me think of leadership in a different light" - "Fabulous - all about leading in a difficult situation and what works"
Department of Education & Training NSW, Women in Education Leadership
"Rachael inspired us with her story of life in Antarctica and was able to link her leadership challenges and experiences to what we as team leaders face in the office." Hugh Travers, ANZ Internal Audit